To send orders to multiple addresses, we have a Multi Address Shipping function available. Following are some recommendations for a smooth transaction experience as our website can experience overload when processing multiple orders at the same time.
Please note that free shipping will only apply to orders that contain 3 items or more to an address.
The first step would be to check the below article to make sure our couriers service all the suburbs you're hoping to deliver to - regional ares may not be available for delivery:
Do you deliver to my area?
Once you have confirmed delivery is available - proceed with the following steps.
1. Create an account at krispykreme.com.au
2. Ensure the first address saved in your Address Book is your billing address and set this as the default.
3. Pre fill all intended recipient addresses through 'Manage Addresses' option (up to 49 - limit is 50 per account - however below step will provide a solution for this limit)
4. Log out of your account - Long session times can impact on the success of multi address orders.
5. Close down the Krispy Kreme Website.
6. Open a fresh session, log in
7. Add the required dozens into your cart (process no more than 10-15 orders at a time)
8. Proceed to Shipping and select the first batch of delivery addresses from the menu available - you will select an address for each individual item to go to.
If you need to send multiple dozens to one recipient, allocate individual items to the recipient and when the order is processed, these will be combined.
9. Select delivery options and enter gift messages - sadly these need to be done individually as copy and paste has been disabled to avoid formatting errors.
10. Process order.
11. Once you need to enter new addresses, you can delete existing/booked recipients to make way for new addresses to be saved.
If at any point you experience an error, we recommend starting from step 4 so as to clear any logged errors, and also clearing browsing data.
We apologise for the lengthy recommendations, however we have found that these tips result in the most successful multi address orders.
If you're placing an order for 10 addresses or fewer, you shouldn't need to clear your cache etc., but we do still recommend already having the addresses saved in your account's address book, and try to avoid hitting 'back' through the checkout process or you may corrupt the session.